Friday, April 24, 2009

Wedding planning and life planning!

Once again life proves that Emily and I are a wonderful balance for each other. Having only existed on the periphery of most weddings (a.k.a. drinking, eating and dancing) I was completely unaware of the incredible amount of detail it was possible to obsess over. Granted much of this burden is due to our choices and desire for an experience that truly reflects our life so far and the life we envision for ourselves going forward.

My darling fiancee has provided the motivation and endless amounts of research for all of this. I have simply given my input when necessary and done all I can to keep her from going crazy and tearing out her hair (veils don't affix well to bare scalp or so I've heard). This weekend we're working on her sanity by having a picnic with Charles in Astoria tonight and tomorrow she's off to the city to shop for jewelry to go with her wedding dress which has been her most recent fixation. I myself will be sitting somewhere plucking feebly at my guitar (I hesitate to call it 'playing' so far) and meeting her later.

So we forge on ahead with the planning while still keeping our lives going and our love intact!

(Photo: At the Cloisters in NYC)

No comments:

Post a Comment