Wednesday, July 8, 2009

¿Pero, por que Mexico?

When Will and I first started looking at the Hacienda las Trancas as a possible wedding destination we considered many things. Was the state of Guanajuato a desirable vacation spot? Did the surrounding area have enough attractions for our guests? Would it hold and enchant everyone the way Mexico had already enchanted us? Well, we spoke about it a lot. We scoured the hacienda's web pages, did our research online and read just about everything on tourism in the heartland that we could find.

Then, just to be fair, we researched other ideas. A New England wedding? A New York City garden? A Californian estate? An armory in upstate New York? Every place we looked had its own appeal, but after looking at each site I was left craving the splashes of color, rustic features, local flavor and the intrinsic foreign allure of a destination wedding in this colonial part of Mexico. I realized I was quite in love with the idea, and upon discussing it with Will we understood that the sentiment was indeed mutual.

Once that was decided, we dove right in and couldn't even think of looking back. Best of all, a destination wedding means that we get to vacation with our family and closest friends. A full week of relaxation, laughter and great food. I really can't imagine a better way to celebrate, and what a fantastic way for our extended families to meet. Did I mention that the Hacienda Las Trancas has 10 horses on site? My mother grew up riding and I rode a little in high school on our equestrian team- I know both of us are beyond excited to get to ride a little bit every day!

For those who will be staying in a nearby town or city (San Miguel de Allende being the closest city and Dolores Hidalgo the closest town) there are so many wonderful sites to see, restaurants to visit and outlying areas to day trip to. I plan on posting a little bit about each outlying area for your touristic pleasure. I also want to do a little segment on Dia de Los Muertos. The festival falls on the Monday and Tuesday before our wedding, and we will certainly be making plans to attend and celebrate in Mexican style!

The Hacienda Las Trancas has numerous photos online for you to explore. I hope you will, and in doing so fall a little bit in love with it as well.

No comments:

Post a Comment