Monday, March 16, 2009

Finding a Photographer

What fun all of this is going to be! Kelley, a very helpful half of the married duo that owns the hacienda, has been recruited to help us plan and put us in contact with local vendors. She showed me about 10 local photographers that Will and I then sifted through, trying to determine what best suited our tastes. There are so many little pieces that fit into the puzzle of planning a wedding that I never even considered. I had no idea that most photographers asked for a list of requested photos: moments to be recorded and people that must be included. Thank goodness for wedding magazines, which I am now discovering are not just for the frivolous bride.

We wound up deciding that we liked the work of Holly Wilmeth best. She has a wide assortment of galleries up. The previous link goes to her projects. This will take you to her wedding portfolio. And this is a link to her blog, where you can see a couple of slide shows from weddings she has shot at the Hacienda Las Trancas.

One thing about having a two year engagement- you certainly get your pick of vendors. It's so nice for us to be able to sort through knowing that our number one choice will almost definitely be available.

No comments:

Post a Comment